Melatonin is a natural hormone made by your body's pineal gland. This is a pea-sized gland located just above the middle of the brain. Children on average secrete more melatonin than adults, which decreases further with age.
At night melatonin is produced to help our bodies regulate our sleepwake cycles. It is naturally released during the evenings by the pineal gland and helps us to relax and feel less alert. Melatonin levels start to decrease closer to daytime so that our bodies can get ready for daily activities.
Benefits of Melatonin:
• Helps treat insomnia and other sleep disorders
• Eases sleep problems caused by pain or stress
• Antioxidant that helps prevent against age related diseases and fight free radicals
• Fight jet lag and restore normal sleep patterns
• Combats SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) related depression
Melatonin should be taken two hours or less before bedtime for optimal results. Make Health a Habit with Sangster's Melatonin at your local Sangster's Health Centres.
Each Capsule Contains:
Melatonin (N-acetyl-5-Methoxytryptamine)..........................................3 mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, hypromellose.
Adult: Take 1- 3 capsules once per day at or before bedtime. For use beyond 4 weeks, consult a health care practitioner.